Friday 3 June 2011

MASH

CHENNAI !! Here's to my first restaurant review outside Karnataka and hoping for many more to come! :)


This cool hangout is across the Elliots' beach, a very beautiful place. A resto-cafe with a menu encompassing Crepes, Pastas, tempting desserts, steaks and the like. My friend took it upon her to click a picture of me while I was totally engrossed in the menu and wanted me to put it up and so here goes:



Lets take a look at the MENU: (Zoom in for more details)  


The AMBIANCE was just lovely. Perfect setting for something that's at the Beach-side. Outdoor and Indoor sections. Since we went after dusk, the restaurant was lit in all its glory. Definitely a place for youngsters, even couples given its lighting which sets for quite a romantic dinner. Here's a look at the lantern:


More of the place:

OUTDOORS:


INDOORS: 


Coming to the FOOD, we ordered an Indian and a Continental Entree. Well, the Indian was an unexpected one, coz we were expecting Stroganoff to be a Russian dish, but the gravy was very Indian, well.. let's say pretty coconut-'ty', but still pretty good, coz I know my friend really enjoyed it!

PASTA POSSO: Very much cream-based with chicken and just the right amount of veggies (I must say I don't quite like it when my non-veg entrees are so crowded with the veggies that I am unable to ascertain that its even a non-veg dish in the first place!) U can take your choice of pasta - Penne, Fusili, Spaghetti.


CHICKEN STROGANOFF: Like I said before, this did taste very Indian. But still, it isn't a bad choice!


Moving on to the desserts, we ordered 2.

BAILEYS FRAPPE: The funny part while ordering this was that I thought it was a drink coz it said FRAPPE, only, turns out it was dessert that got served after our main course! Well, I would hafta say they didn't quite use Bailey's Irish Cream, so that kinda got me disappointed! However, If u are a whipped cream person, this is definitely for you!



 NOT 'ELA CREPE: This was one helluva dish. Quantity was amazing and the side servings of Chocolate Sauce and Peanut Sauce were all you could really ask for more while helping yourself to some savory pancakes with vanilla ice cream. Definitely recommended! :)



On a scale of 5, I would give:

Ambiance: 4.5
Service: 4
Food: 4.5
Money's worth: 4

Price Range: 700 (Meal for 2)

ADDRESS:

No T-54 B 1St Floor, 
Elliots Beach Road, 
Besant Nagar, 
Chennai, India
09962003300


4 comments:

  1. isn't there any column in the local newspapers asking for restaurant reviews..? like in weekend specials n all..?? u shud be writing for them..! you have soo specialized in this!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i read it now!!!god..i gotta say dis..everytime u write bout food, its almost as good as being there nd having it..nd the pictures r sooo good too..keep up the good work shannu!i really hope sum day u get to this professionally..;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. SO glad to hear from u both, here! ;) Will definitely look into ur suggestions! :) And thanx a ton for d good wishes guys.. Means a lot! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I read this when I was starving.. BIG MISTAKE! :(( If only some not'ela crepes would magically appear from somewhere.. :P

    ReplyDelete