Thursday 27 January 2011

THE EGG FACTORY


I'd heard so much of this place that served only food items with egg in all of them. So one day after mass, I headed there for a late breakfast..

Small place, but good "EGGSOTIC" stuff in there! :)




 More on the ambience: (LOL)


A page of the menu (featuring a few desserts) :



Getting to the point.. Here's some shots of the food:

Cilantro and chilly Frittata : Claims to be spicy, but I guess for me to find it spicy, it's gotta be some more chilli in there! But good stuff..



Cheese and mushroom omelette : This was pretty good.. Cheese and omelette : Lovely combo! Top it wit mushrooms and you have some really good egg stuff! Reminded me a little of this Spanish omelette, which was simply out of this world. It had mushrooms, tomatoes, onions, chicken, cheese!




Spicy Egg Burjee: This one was spicy enough, for a change! A good choice to fill your tummy! Served with Jam and butter (optional) .





Beverages, different kinds of french toasts, frittatas, noodles, and some desserts are also available here.
Its also got penne, canellonni and other main course, all with egg, which I am definitely going to try out for lunch sometime soon!
One negative point: No non-veg! :|
All in all, a good eggsperience! Worth a second visit :)

I'm gona end this post wit a corny EGG joke now :P
What do you call an egg that goes on a safari? An eggs-plorer! ;)


Just for fun:

Can’t remember if an egg is fresh or hard boiled?? Well,Just spin the egg. If it wobbles, it’s raw. If it spins easily, it’s hard boiled. A fresh egg will sink in water, a stale one will float.

Eggs contain all the essential protein, minerals and vitamins, except Vitamin C. But egg yolks are one of few foods that naturally contain Vitamin D.

Eggs also contain choline, which is necessary for healthy cell membranes in the body. Choline stimulates brain development and function and helps preserving memory.  

Eggs also are good for your eyes because they contain lutein which helps prevents age-related cataracts and muscular degeneration.

There are about 70 calories in an uncooked egg and 77 calories in a cooked egg.



Click here to read more EGG FACTS:

Ambience: 4
Service: 4
Food: 4
Value for money: 4
Price Range: 350 (for 2)

ADDRESS:

Ground Floor, White House, 
In the lane besides Dewars Wine Stores, 
St.Marks Road
Bengaluru

10 comments:

  1. OMG! Eggs-plorer? Like, seriously!! :P
    Remember how v used to survive on eggs a while back.. The egg noodles, omelettes, french toasts etc.. Lol, this post reminded me o that! :D eggs wer like a Delicacy back den! Heehee.. How "poor/lazy" were v! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sharon,
    Thanks for the good words. Hope to see you back soon...

    Yogesh Mokashi
    The Egg factory

    ReplyDelete
  3. hehe cool! Always wantd to ch out this place :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. @TL: Ok, so I was in a hurry and just wanted to post an entry so bad last night! :P Hence the lame jokes :D
    Yeah, the eggs sure did turn to be a life-saver back den! :D I <3 egg maggi noodles! :P ANYTIME!

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Yogesh: Wow,HOW do you get to know when anyone posts anything on the web related to Egg Factory? :O
    I rmbr having had to wait for a seat coz there was quite a crowd inside! Guess the place is quite a hit! :)
    I'm not in Blore at the moment, but wen I come back, I'll definitely make a stop for lunch next time and try out the main courses that you have! :) And then blog some more about it! ;)
    P.S: Wouldn't you have a whole lot more items on the menu if you included non-veg?

    ReplyDelete
  6. @KUTZ: hehe..yeah,I'd read a lotta reviews too and thought it worth a shot! And more so,coz I'd seen the owner actively participate in the forums and even addressing complaints..I'm going there again to try out the main courses! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Impressive!
    Reminds me of one place called 'Vikrams' in Manipal. The place wasnt thing big, but he was very famous for his egg and cheese menu.

    ReplyDelete
  8. shannu!
    u hav becum a food blogger...now wen did dis happen?! :)
    nevertheless the photos and the food and your rating of the joints u visit are very well done..almost to an extent even professional, from the look of it...
    SUPER LIKE!
    (PS:ur review on pabbas reminded me of my colg days bak in mlore..tiramisu is my fav there!was good to see the gudbuds et all again..after quite a while... :) )

    ReplyDelete
  9. @San: Well,From d look of this other blog I saw abt d same restaurant, it did hv a section in d menu called d Manipal Connection! But I dint see it wen I went der..prolly sumthg tat got revised!

    ReplyDelete
  10. @Veena: Aw, thx!! =) My fav is Tiramisu too! :)
    Well, I jus had a lot of pics of restaurants and food and I thought, Y d heck not? :)

    ReplyDelete